Hospice/Palliative Care Team
Palliative Care Team
Nurse Practitioner• Comprehensive nursing assessment and medication reconciliation
• Works with patients and families to address symptom management needs during curative treatments for chronic illnesses, and relays information to his/her primary care physician
• Discusses personal healthcare goals for after treatment
Licensed Clinical Social Worker• Comprehensive psychosocial assessment
• Helps patients connect with needed community resources (private sitters, financial support, etc.)
• Provides emotional support and counseling
Volunteers• Extra support for nonmedical needs- running errands, companionship, etc.
Hospice Care Team
Nurse Practitioner• Comprehensive medical management delivered to patients at the point-of-care
• Provide oversight and collaboration with RN case managers in patient medication management, treatment, and plan-of-care changes
• Symptom Management at our inpatient care center- the Langdale Hospice House
• Conduct ongoing eligibility evaluation and recertification assessments for regulatory requirements
• Perform education and influence policy and procedure development for nursing staff in collaboration with the Medical Director and Executive Director
RN Case Manager• Works with patients to create a plan of physical comfort care unique to their needs and goals.
• Helps educate both patients and caregivers on medications, medical equipment, symptom management, and symptoms of different stages through the disease process.
• Makes routine visits to continually monitor patient’s needs and symptoms.
Certified Nursing Assistant• Makes requested visits for personal care including bathes, changing linens, shifting or rotating patients in the bed, transporting them to and from areas in residential setting, assisting in motion exercises
• Observing and addressing patient needs
• Loving emotional support.
Social Worker• Advocates for patient well-being
• Coordinates routine visits to provide emotional support and counseling
• Address patient concerns
• Educate and help patients and families regarding safety measures in the home
• Help with end of life planning, connections with community resources, and legal matters
• Provides medical support
Chaplain• Provides spiritual and emotional counseling, helping to lead the patient and family towards peace during their journey.
• Offers a loving presence, addressing spiritual concerns at the end of life.
• Collaborates with patient’s established spiritual support
• Provides medical support
Volunteer• While volunteers help hospice in many ways, those who volunteer in patient care sit with patients for companionship, write letters, run errands, provide different therapies, and anything else to assist with nonmedical patient needs.
Grief Coordinator• Offers support for caregivers and families in the grieving process up to 1 year after a loved one’s passing
• One-on-one counseling
• 6-week adult support groups
• children’s grief camps
• Annual memorial ceremony to honor a loved one- Angel Tree Memorial Service.